Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Laura and Travis (aka Woody!) {Married!!!} Middle Georgia Wedding Photographer

Saturday was the big day for Travis and Laura. I have been so excited for this wedding since I first met Laura and her mom, Kelli, right after the first of the year. I knew this was going to be a beautiful wedding! Laura and Travis got married at her parent's house in Sandersville...or maybe it was Sun Hill? I'm not really sure! See, where I come from we didn't exactly have dirt roads. I grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, so Milledgeville has definitely been a learning curve for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about it...I'm just saying, I'm not used to it! God made sure to land me in a place that was relatively easy to navigate via street signs when I was growing up. Why? Because he knew good and well he wasn't going to give me much of a sense of direction!!! Directions have never been my "thing". It's always better that I drive, not navigate. I can even get lost with 2 GPS devices!! Yes, sad...I know! With that being said, I truly have no idea where I technically was on Saturday! :)
Anyway...back to the story of Laura and Travis' wedding!  I traveled to Sandersville on Saturday for this wedding. Thank goodness my sister, Melisa, was with me. She has just started her new videography business called Chick with a Camera and this was her first wedding. Yay! :) Melisa is accustomed to my lack of direction and thankfully God gave her whatever sense of direction he didn't give me! So, long story short, we made it! The house was GORGEOUS!! The decor was some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. The centerpieces were fantastic. Beautiful hydrangeas, green apples, iron pieces, candles...truly breathtaking! I was so excited! Melisa and I went to find Laura to start with pics of her getting ready. Dress....gorgeous! Bride....gorgeous!! Bridesmaids...gorgeous!! Everything....gorgeous!! And Laura was so happy and laid back....THANK HEAVENS!! As you see this preview of their wedding images I hope you don't pick up that it was a gazillion degrees outside for some of our pictures. Girls that never sweat were sweating, me included! And I hope you can't tell that right after the wedding ceremony concluded the bottom FELL OUT!! When I say rain...I mean R.A.I.N! Some guests were under the tent with the food, others were in the garage, on the front porch, and a lot of us were in the house. We kept on going and did pics inside after the ceremony. Definitely a new experience, but you know what? This is what happened on their wedding day. It rained. And everyone made the best of it and had an incredible time. Most importantly....the love between Laura and Travis was so obvious. The way they look at each other is what girls dream about! No matter what kind of monsoon hit Saturday night, nothing stopped them from starting their lives together. So, although it was one of the most intense weddings I've shot, it was fantastic!! Congratulations to Laura and Travis! I hope you are enjoying your Honeymooon! And I was and am totally serious about doing some more pics when y'all get back! Just give me a call!







No comments:

Post a Comment