Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MVP of the game: Drew W!! {Georgia child photographer}

This is another session that almost didn't happen. And I am SO thankful that it did!! Jennifer told me a few months ago that her mom (if I remember correctly) had made a baseball uniform for Drew. His dad, Jeff, coaches at Jones County High School so it was made to match. So cute! We'd talked about shooting on the baseball field but hadn't set anything up. Then she decided to wait and shoot his 2 year pics in October. Then, she changed her mind. YAY! I was thrilled! I love photographing this lil man and was excited about this whole baseball theme. We scheduled the session last Thursday early. I don't do early real well, but I'm committed to trying! :) I was all set to go and be on time (shocking I'm sure to many! lol) and we had an Eva meltdown. She wanted braids in her hair.  Many of you may not know that she cut her hair while I was in Savannah a few weeks ago. When I say cut, she hacked off a good bit of her beautiful long blonde hair. We are trying to braid parts of her hair until it grows back out. The hair is very very very short!! I don't braid well on my best days, but add chaos to the situation and I really can't braid. I offered piggy tails, she screamed. So, after many tears and braid attempts I looked at the clock. I was supposed to be in Gray in 3 minutes. Obviously, I was going to be late. I threw Eva's hair into some kind of half piggy tails and said a prayer. I sent Jennifer a quick text that said "Cawley Meltdown". She called me and explained that she wasn't happy with the way the field looked and she was worried the pics wouldn't turn out. I assured her to just let me come out there and I'm sure we can make it work. And guess what...we did! Oh we did! These are probably some of my most favorite little boy images to date.
Drew is such a boy! He has the most adorable walk. Drew has a very distinct flat footed walk that I just thought was precious. He walks with such confidence!  He can throw that ball pretty good, too! He loves being on the baseball field. It was fun to chase after him and capture him as he played.  These are my favorite images! And don't miss the last two. Drew is most definitely a Zeta Prince!




















1 comment: