Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bethanne & Jake...haven't seen them in a while!! {GA Georgia Wedding photographer}

You might remember Elizabeth (aka Bethanne) and Jake from their wedding last November.  Wow, it's really almost been a year! So very hard to believe!  Elizabeth and I had been trying to find a good time to do her Trash the Dress session for months. We wanted spring, but then...we missed it. Then, it was wayyy hot and the summer was crazy busy. So, we decided on August. Still hot, but it would work. Our first day we booked looked like rain. We postponed (and of course it didn't rain!). Then we rescheduled and decided we were shooting no matter what! No rain that day! YAY! It was a wild one though!
We started at Andalusia. I reallly love shooting there! So many looks in one area. :) We waited til we got there to get her into her wedding dress. See, she really has the biggest wedding dress I've ever been around. Maybe not the heaviest, but most definitely the biggest!! So, once we got her in the dress she kept that bad boy on the rest of the day! Thank goodness I'm rockin' the mini van, because that dress would have never in a million years fit in a regular car.  We were able to get her, her dress, Jake and all my other stuff in the van. We might have looked a little clown car-ish, but we did it! :)
When we finished up at Andalusia, we shot a little at GC&SU. Love that green lawn and found some really neat angles in the trees. And of course, stopped traffic and caused a bit of a stir on campus. I guess brides don't exactly parade around a college campus very often. Who knew!?
For our next trick we had quite a bit of excitement. We rode down some country road to this little pond-y place that had been screaming "photograph me" for years! I'd tell you the name of the road, but then I'd have to kill ya! No, actually, I'd tell you the name of the road if I had a clue what it is.....remember, directions and I are not bff!  Where ever we were, all was good until a neighbor let their dogs out to see what the commotion was about. My worst fears flashed through my head when I heard the barks...but I was very relieved to see a chihuahua and mutt come 'round the corner. Ya just never know what's going to happen next!  But, what I do know is that we got some really fantastic images. :)  Enjoy these!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment