Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Amber's Amazing Senior Session!! Seriously! {Georgia High School Senior Photography}

We are totally down to the wire for high school seniors. Baldwin High needs theirs turned in on Friday...so let's just say that SCP will be cuttin' it super close! Close is ok though when you have such incredibly beautiful clients like my seniors! I mean...seriously.....they have all been gorgeous.  But this blog is all about Amber!! Amber wanted her senior session to be different. Yay! That's my favorite thing to hear! That means I get to try something new and my client is ok with my "thinking outside of the box". Amber is another one of my JM girls. When I tell you this girl can light up a stage, I am dead serious. You can not help but watch her. She's a dancer, also. I guess I could also refer to most of my JM girls as my Studio One girls, too!! Eva dances there and she loves loves LOVES to watch these girls dance.
Amber had her hair appointment in Macon the day we shot, so her sweet mama, Regina, and I agreed to do the session in Macon. I was a little nervous because I don't really know Macon very well, but also super excited to explore and create some really awesome images. Regina is from Macon so she was an excellent tour guide. :)
We started out at Coleman Hill. I have shot there before so I thought it would be smart to start somewhere that I was confident we would get some great shots. And we did. We SO did! The picture of Amber on pointe with the sky behind her was the shot of the session for me. I knew as soon as I shot it that it would be incredible. It was in my brain the whole rest of the session and I absolutely couldn't wait to get home so I could process it! As I suspected, it turned out to be STUNNING!! I'm gonna have to print one for myself, too!
After Coleman Hill we went to Washington Memorial Park. Super cute!! Loved it! Definitely want to go back and shoot there, too. I'm pretty sure by the time we got to this location Amber had realized what a total nut I am and had loosened up. :)  I think I've said this before, but I forget that these girls don't know what I'm really like until they've gotten through about 5 minutes of a session with me. Then they realize that we're just there to have fun and make some incredible images. :) I want to become "Shana" and not "Mrs. Cawley" to them. It's that kind of interaction with my clients that gets everyone comfortable. And that's what makes me comfortable and then we can all be happy! (insert the choir of angelic voices here) After the park we hit up downtown in search of an alley. We found one...it was perfect for what we wanted despite the peanut gallery across the street that wanted to give advice.  Finished up the session at Central City Park with my last minute plan with the desk and the apples. :) I'm tellin y'all...my brain works in crazy ways! And most of the time I'm so thankful it does. I grabbed that bag of apples and that desk out of the garage on the way out the door. PERFECT!!
So, I will now zip it and let you see some of these incredible images! :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment