Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Contest Time!! Vote for a couple to win a free Photo Session! :)

Here are the contestants!! :) Each lady wrote a little blurb about why they would like to win this special couples photo session. Check them out and vote for one of the 4! I know I said I'd only have 3 contestants..but I changed my mind. Imagine that! :)  And I've changed the time a little. You have until Friday, February 5 at 9pm to vote for your pick! To vote, click on your pick at the top of this page!  Good luck, couples! :)


 
Okay - so here is why I want some pictures!

Thomas and I will celebrate 9 years together (4 of those married) this May. The only pictures we have together are very few pictures from when we were dating, our engagement pictures (attached) in 2005, our wedding pictures in 2006 and pictures as a family in 2008 - when our daughter was 17 months old. Okay - so maybe we have a couple of "forced" pictures here and there but none worthy of framing and showing off.

Lately my daughter who is now 2.5 years old loves to look at pictures of "Mommy and Daddy" but other than our wedding pictures - I don't have any pictures of just T. and I that I can frame and give to her. I really want to give her a picture that she can put in her room. I would really love to have some updated pictures of me and Thomas - because neither of us like to be in front of the camera - so pictures of the two of us and family pictures don't happen very often. 


So, we're one of those last pictures taken was at our wedding. I couldn't even find any candid pics of us together in all my pictures from the last year or so. One of us is always behind the camera. We've been married nine years in May, but started dating sixteen years ago in May. Two kids late and we couldn't be happier. I would love to get some pictures taken of us for one reason so my kids can have something to look back on and remember that their parents could be in the same picture!


Ok, Shana ~ Chris & I should win this this contest b/c we haven't had a true professional shot of just the two of us since our wedding,  Since this summer is our 10 year anniversary, the timing is perfect!  And we rarely have pictures of us without the kids ~ so we need this!

Hmm, why should Corey and I win the chance to have our pictures made together???  The first thing that comes to mind of course is, the kids. As parents we get so busy taking care of them that many times we forget to stop and appreciate the other person that is in this partnership with us. That is probably why most photoshoots of couples end with the maternity shoot. From then on out there are children (literally) in the picture and we forget to make the effort to have some taken of just mommy and daddy. For some reason it is even hard to get a snapshot of the two of us at normal life events. Corey and I will have been married for 7 years next month and I think that a photoshoot would be a good way to commemorate our version of the "7 year itch" as well as serve as a constant visual reminder to our kids of how much we love each other and how solid the core of our family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment